A fine Victorian coromandel jewellery box, with very unusual brass banding to the edges, further brass line inlays and matching brass cartouche to the lid and escutcheon to the front.
THe box opens to reveal a mahogany and navy blue velvet lined interior, the lift-out tray fitted various compartments revealing a further storage area beneath. THe a a further five compartments to the back of the box. A silver plated button to the back of the box releases the front drawer, similarly lined in blue velvet.
With engraving to the cartouche dating the box to 1866.